Daily Challenge - April

Followers

Friends


Wickless Candles and More!

Lovely Boutique! Check it out!

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Daily Challenge - Day Eleven

Today's Daily Challenge is

A talent of yours


-----------------------------------

I find it difficult to write a post about this topic... I know I write stuff everyday for you all, but that's fun and random usually. And usually about family or what's going on in our lives or the most recent adventures people we know are on.... not about myself.

And I truly am not a fan of talking about this topic for me... I always feel like I'm gloating; bragging.... showing off.... something. Nothing that I want to be. 

Anyways, I thought I'd go the opposite way with this and, of course, add some humor to it.... So here we go!

MY TALENT IS..... Overcooking. 

Now what do I mean by this? 

Dinner for four? I end up cooking enough food for at least eight. And if I try to scale back, I cook to little. lol. I haven't been able to win this never ending battle. 

I think I come by it naturally.... My Mom does the same thing... So, yeah.... No chance of me getting my act together! 

I AM getting wiser and am learning that I should cook for larger groups.... And just think that it's dinner for four (and eight show up! Whoo hoo!)...

Yeah, no. I prefer the Husband to cook. (link)
Nope, never does this happen for me... Just the right amount. Fairy tail I say....
Agreed. lol. Unless it's looking like the photo below....
Thankfully this doesn't happen very often!

I vow to put my children into cooking classes as soon as they hit the age that they're offered at... I've said this for years now. Better they learn from someone who has a clue then someone who dislikes being in the kitchen (*ahem* me)....

Trying to avoid this at all costs.... lol. 

I do have to say that my Husband is wonderful in the kitchen! He recently had the opportunity to hang with us for four months and let me tell you, those were some of the best months of my life! lol He cooked and amazed me everyday.... I don't even know how he made full meals for us all out of the leftovers that I would have stared at blankly. lol. And not just reheating it; a completely different meal! How does one do that??!!

But yes.... My name is Mista and my (random useless) talent is Overcooking. 

What's your talent??

(BTW: I may not be able to cook, but baking is a whole other deal!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean Mista. I don't think anybody likes to share their talents because they feel like they are bragging. One of my talents is playing the piano. I hated to practise while growing up but I am so glad that I can play and enjoy playing now. I also like to sing and have been told I am not too bad at that either. :)